Have a pair of black flats lying around looking as dull as Jennifer Anniston’s face? Shake things up with this extremely simple DIY project.
If you’re not game to alter your trusty flats, just pick up a cheap pair from a department store. Mine cost $6 from Kmart!
What you need:
Black flats (preferably calico or cotton etc so the glue sticks well)
Diamantes (I bought mine at Kmart for $2 each, find them in the craft/scrap booking section of department stores, discount stores etc)
Hot glue gun (I didn’t include this as a cost because it’s a DIY investment! Available at discount stores/craft stores/stationery shops)
- Work out what kind of pattern you’d like to make with the diamantes.
- You can remove them and place them on the shoes or just use the see through plastic and move them about as a guide.
- Glue your diamantes into place.
- You will probably burn yourself..more than once. But it’s OK – you get used to it! Start with gluing just a few diamantes then mimic them on the other shoe.
- Don’t worry if the glue seeps out bit – it’s easy to remove when it dries. Either just by hand or with a kitchen knife etc.
- Keep gluing on the diamantes until you’re happy with the pattern and Volia!!